I’m just kidding; I would never ever do that! But you’re reading!
Yes, I know what the productivity experts say about focus and really being able to devote attention to tasks. And I think we’ve had this conversation before on this blog. I think a creative person needs a certain amount of chaos to sort out, mess to organize, a reasonable number of problems to solve in order to function. At least I do! It may take longer to finish something this way, but my enjoyment in what I do is a lot higher than if I treated it like a task. In general, I am a highly efficient person at work and at home – I am the type of person that sits at the table for a minute after dinner, mentally plotting the most efficient way to clear all plates, serving pieces, glasses, etc. It’s like a puzzle to me. But with hand-made pieces it’s a different type of efficiency – not based on “getting done” as quickly as possible. My enjoyment is from the process. Why would I want to be done stitching quickly? What do you all think? Is anyone else like this?
In honor of turning the pages of the calendar, I thought I would post my “Wish To Finish” list for 2015:
– $5 In Paris sweater (I haven’t posted any pictures of this yet, as I haven’t done a lot of work on it since I started up blogging again)
– Dorotheos x2
– Frame “Great Is Thy Faithfulness” and both “Dorotheos” for my bedroom
– Cross-stitch design I started working on over a year ago on my computer – I want to complete the pattern so I can share it!
– National Crochet month series of posts (that will be for March)
– Promised knitting tutorials for hat and hooded fingerless mitts
As I look this over, I don’t have a lot of new projects planned, but I certainly have room for them! Do you all have any fun project starts planned for 2015? Share in the comments – either your planned starts or your thoughts on doing one thing at a time – or both!
Happy New Year!