So I set my first eyelets Saturday – they’re cute. Then I went to just french seam the sides of this adorable little clutch, and I discovered that I didn’t allow enough room for 2 seams on the outside of the eyelets. Of course, I didn’t discover it until I had flipped and sewn the second part of the french seam. I love french seams, because they look so finished, and they also give a little extra room inside the bag. But not if you sew through the eyelet and are unable to flip the right side back out. I am not someone who cusses, but you can imagine what was going through my mind.
So, I spent Saturday evening watching the DVR and rippet-ing the 3+ seams that I had stitched – and glued!!!!! – and I will, after a nap, do standard “right sides together” seams. Maybe narrow double seams, because I still want it to be secure. And I still have to do the cording. I am cautiously optimistic that this piece of my imagination will be a finish by tomorrow at this time.