So my slightly smaller child had a stomach bug of some kind on Monday. It was yucky, she felt lousy, I did my mommy-duty and cleaned up after her and snuggled her, fully expecting that I would get it next. Surprise – I felt fine for over 2 days. Just as she was starting to feel normal again on Thursday morning, I started to feel yucky. I actually had to stay home from Thanksgiving dinner, and I’m glad that I did! Fortunately, it was a short-lived bug, and I’m back to normal (I hope). The slightly larger child has yet to show any symptoms.
So things to be thankful for:
- A quiet holiday afternoon/evening – with no whining or fighting in my house! (Kids were at dinner at my aunt’s house.)
- 3 pound loss after Thanksgiving!
- Baby is feeling better, and her sister is still okay
- Leftovers are just as good as dinner itself
- I was at a good stop-and-wait place on my current WIP, so I don’t really have a loss of momentum!